Baby’s First Christmas Gifts (Best Baby Toys Newborn To 12 Months)
A baby’s first Christmas is cause for extra celebration and will make these holidays incredibly special for everyone. While it is surely not just about gifts and toys, they can certainly put a big smile on your little one’s face. I created a list of the best baby toys for newborns and infants that will make the festive season even more memorable. Here are amazing ideas for your baby’s first Christmas gifts.
These holidays, my little boy will be almost 7 months old. Although, he will probably only remember the pictures, I want his first Christmas to be magical. Except for him to be fascinated by the Christmas tree and the festive decorations, I am so excited to watch him unwrapping gifts. All of those, I have included in this list, as well as all the toys that have been and are still his favorites to play with.
To make it easier for you, all the following links go to Amazon. If you’re not an Amazon Prime member already, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial to get fast, free shipping. Make sure you get all the great deals this year with your Black Friday shopping!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an affiliate, I may receive a commission on qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Here are my gift ideas for baby’s first Christmas…
Newborn Christmas Gifts: 0-3 Months Old
1.Sophie La Girafe – So Pure Teether Giraffe: This is my baby’s favorite teething toy. It is made of non-toxic, natural rubber and has different soothing textures. For little hands it’s easy to hold. A beautiful gift set can be found here.
2. Lamaze Freddie The Firefly: Lamaze toys are amazing. They are colorful, fun and great for baby’s development. And this one has lots to discover with mirrors, clacking rings, teether toy and more. There is also a pink version.
3. Skip Hop Bandana Buddies Fox: This one is so adorable! I really love the fox. But there are all kinds of bandana buddies activity toys – from deer (also perfect for Christmas) to dinosaur or even unicorn. Among other features, they all have a cute, detachable teether toy that can be worn around mom’s wrist.
4. Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse: With soothing sounds and lullabies, this cuddly, glowing seahorse helps your baby to fall asleep in no time. A great thing about it is that babies can easily activate the sounds themselves. You can get in pink or blue.
5. HABA Snug-up Doll Luis: If you want to introduce dolls to your baby early to foster social skills, this plush baby doll is an awesome baby’s first Christmas gift. It definitely even is a great doll for baby boys. A HABA Snug-up Doll Luisa is also available.
1.Baby Einstein Glow & Discover Light Bar: With this multi-lingual, clever toy, babies can learn words in English, Spanish or French. Your baby can press the light-up buttons to activate xylophone sounds and new words sitting up or during tummy time.
2. Fisher-Price Hungry Otter Rattle: An easy to grab rattle with an adorable design. I love that you can see the colorful fish rattling in its belly, which is really fascinating to little ones. Even though my baby is 6 months old already, he still loves his otter rattle. In fact, he pick it out himself at the shops and can’t get enough of it.
3. VTech Baby Lil’ Critters Moosical Beads: This little musical toy teaches shapes, colors, letters and numbers with cute songs and phrases. It surely keeps baby entertained for a long time. It’s cuddly and sweet with great activities without being bulky.
4. Bright Starts O Ball 1-Piece Rattle & Roll Car: It is cool little toy that is a teether, rattle and toy car in one. It’s easy for babies to hold and to roll across the floor. But if bub prefers to chew on it instead, no problem either! It also is a great idea for baby’s first Christmas stocking stuffers.
5. Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle & Sensory Teether: This is probably one of the most interesting, most captivating teething toys on the market. The colorful looped tubes and rattling beads inside the cube will keep babies engaged and delighted for a long time.
1. Skip Hop Explore & More Follow-me Bee: With three different stages this cute little bee encourages baby to crawl and chase after it. Different sounds and music will keep bub motivated and engaged. The in-built sensor lets the bee avoid objects that are in the way. Pretty much like a fun Roomba – without the vacuum function, of course.
2. VTech Drop & Go Dump Truck: I don’t know who likes this toy truck better – me or my baby boy. When balls are dropped in the top of the dump truck, it counts them. Pressing the buttons will trigger melodies and phrases. This can teach babies cause and effect, while also enhancing their motor skills.
3. LeapFrog My Pal Violet: This adorable little puppy will become baby’s new best plush pal. It teaches colors, words and even emotions. But the best feature is that it can actually learn your babies name and more! A really wonderful present for baby’s first Christmas, if you are looking for smart gifts that can be personalized!
4. Baby Einstein Octoplush Plush Toy: It is a great cuddly, interactive toy that is all soft and has no hard buttons. Pressing the buttons or squeezing its head lets the octopus play classical melodies and teach colors. It is also multi-lingual and therefore can help to learn English, French or Spanish.
5. VTech Pull and Sing Puppy: When being pulled this fun puppy moves it legs and ears, but also plays music. By pressing the buttons, baby learns numbers and colors, as well as different new phrases. It is educational, super adorable and most delightful.
1.Fat Brain Toys Dimpl: This ingenious toy looks awesome and extremely fascinating, yet it is as simple as it can get. Actually it is pretty much a flat disc with non-toxic silicone bubbles, but it will entertain babies for hours. It is a perfect toy to take on the go and make car rides less boring.
2. Playskool Poppin’ Pals Pop-up: This toy will make baby laugh again and again. Different colorful levers, keys and switches trigger the friendly animals to pop up. The slight, non-scary surprise effect will make your little one giggle.
3. Fisher-Price Go Baby Go Poppity Pop Musical Dino: A lot of action is guaranteed with this happy dinosaur. When the balls are being dropped in the middle of the dinosaur, they either pop into the tail or roll out of its mouth. The colorful balls rolling across the room will encourage baby to crawl after them. One of the very memorable baby’s first Christmas gifts that everyone will enjoy watching, while baby is playing.
4. Fisher-Price Linkimals Smooth Moves Sloth: The sloth can clap its hands, move its head and even play tunes about numbers and letters. It is one of five interactive Linkimals, each with different functions. The first time my baby saw the brilliant Linkimals interacting with each other, he was so fascinated!
5. Playskool Explore N’ Grow Busy Ball Popper: This toy is fun to watch and amazing to play with. Apart from dropping colorful balls down the ramp, baby can pump the cute plunger to make the balls pop out at the top. With happy sounds and music, this is incredibly entertaining.